Rattikin Title Company and its subsidiaries ("RTC") respect the privacy and security of your non-public personal information ("Personal Information") and protecting your Personal Information is one of our top priorities. This Privacy Statement explains RTC's privacy practices, including how we may use the Personal Information we receive from you and from other specified sources, and to whom it may be disclosed. RTC follows the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement and, depending on the business performed, RTC companies may share information as described herein.
Personal Information Collected
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, tax identification number, asset information, and income information;
- Information we receive from you through the Rattikin Title Website, including name, email address, telephone number, NMLS ID, Brokerage information or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us at account creation, or automatically as you navigate through or use the Rattikin Title Website. Information collected automatically may include usage behavior, IP addresses and information collected through tracking technologies such as Google Analytics.
- Information about your transactions with or services performed by us, our affiliates, or others, such as information concerning your policy, premiums, payment history, information about your home or other real property, information from lenders and other third parties involved in such transaction, account balances, and credit card information; and
- Information we receive from consumer or other reporting agencies and publicly recorded documents.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Disclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
- To insurance agents, brokers, representatives, support organizations, or others to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To third-party contractors or service providers for the purpose of determining your eligibility for an insurance benefit or payment and/or providing you with services you have requested;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation;
- To companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements; and/or
- To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to others when we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or property and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Disclosure to Affiliated Companies - We are permitted by law to share your name, address and facts about your transaction with other RTC companies, such as insurance companies, agents, and other real estate service providers to provide you with services you have requested, for marketing or product development research, or to market products or services to you. We do not, however, disclose information we collect from consumer or credit reporting agencies with our affiliates or others without your consent, in conformity with applicable law, unless such disclosure is otherwise permitted by law.
Disclosure to Nonaffiliated Third Parties - We do not disclose Personal Information about our customers or former customers to nonaffiliated third parties, except as outlined herein or as otherwise permitted by law.
Information We Collect Through Online Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you visit and interact with the Rattikin Title Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your hardware, software, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Rattikin Title Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Rattikin Title Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information. It helps us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the website according to your individual interests and needs.
- Speed up your searches.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies): A cookie is a small file placed on your device when logged into the Rattikin Title Website. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to benefit from certain features of the website.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We restrict access to Personal Information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard Personal Information.
Additionally, Rattikin Title does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Rattikin Title may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Access to Personal Information/Requests for Correction, Amendment, or Deletion of Personal Information
As required by applicable law, we will afford you the right to access your Personal Information, under certain circumstances to find out to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed, and request correction or deletion of your Personal Information. However, RTC's current policy is to maintain customers' Personal Information for no less than your state’s required record retention requirements for the purpose of handling future coverage claims.
For your protection, all requests made under this section must be in writing and must include your notarized signature to establish your identity. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests. Please send requests to:
Rattikin Title Company
201 Main Street, Suite 800
Fort Worth, Texas, 76102
Attn: Diane Harris
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws. When we amend this Privacy Statement, we will post a notice of such changes on our website. The effective date of this Privacy Statement, as stated above, indicates the last time this Privacy Statement was revised or materially changed.