MARCH 23, 2020 - CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
RATTIKIN TITLE ADJUSTED CLOSING PROCEDURES
Rattikin Title Company offices are currently open for business, as we are an "essential business" under the Financial Services sector. However, we must adjust our escrow closing procedures in response to Health and Governmental officials' recommendations, as we take this situation very seriously. Effective immediately, the following protocols are in place at all Rattikin Title offices. These procedures are subject to change.
1. Options for closing (check with your escrow team for details)
- Mail-out documents
- Remote Notary Closings
- Curbside closing at our offices by appointment only. These closings will be held outside our office on our front porch, general office lobby or parking lot. Escrow officers will deliver closing documents and view the signing for notary purposes. Social distancing will be required.
- Limited "in-office" closings by appointment only.
2. Limited "in-office" closings. If absolutely required, we will close a transaction in our office under the following procedures
- Our offices will be cleaned and sanitized in a reasonable manner
- Please arrive at your scheduled appointment on time and remain in your vehicle until called by our staff
- Our doors will remain locked. Please call us at the number posted on the door to let us know of your arrival
- Only necessary signers can attend the closing. No other individuals will be allowed in the office. Anyone attending with the necessary signers will be required to wait outside.
- Necessary signers must sign a COVID-19 disclosure form prior to entering the office
- Necessary signers will be lead directly to the closing room for document execution in front of a notary. The closing will be as brief as possible and social distancing will be required.
- Documents will be tagged for proper signatures and dates
- You will be furnished new pens for signing. Please take them with you when you leave.
- Bring valid photo identification. It will be photographed for our file
- The escrow team will review the documents for proper execution
- Copies will be emailed to the client after closing and funding.
- Fundings will occur by FedEx or wire transfer. Safe wire transfer protocol will be observed and calls will be made by our office to verify wire instructions prior to the wire transfer. Please call our office to verify wire instructions prior to wiring funds to us, or anyone else.
During this time, we must restrict traffic in our offices. All visitors and those dropping off or picking up documents will need to call us in advance to arrange proper handling of the package.
Thank you for your understanding and for working with us during this difficult time. It is our goal to protect the health and safety of our clients and employees, while still maintaining a workable closing experience. We appreciate your patience and your loyalty to Rattikin Title Company.
Jack Rattikin III
President & CEO